It’s hard to believe we’re nearing the end of January 2018. While the year is no longer brand new, it’s new-ish. So Happy New Year! I have a wish list for you this year. But first, I must express my gratitude.
Thank you for being there. Your faithful presence amazes me, especially when there are large gaps between posts. Your words of encouragement have been much appreciated as well. You have allowed me to ‘be real’ even when my ‘real’ was ridiculous; and you’ve thanked me for it. So, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.
New Year’s Wish List
Here are the promised wishes and I pray they will come true for you this year. I wish you…
- Wisdom; that pure, peaceable, gentle stuff of heaven that judges rightly and without partiality or hypocrisy.
- Excellence in all your endeavors. Not that excellence itself would be your god but rather your goal, and the manner with which you serve your God.
- Grace- That it would be extended to you in your failures and would be extended when others fail you.
- Passion– That you would live, love and serve with passion; because life is too short and the cause too great to merely go through the motions.
- Friendship– That your friendships would be deeply rooted and widely spread and that there would always be room in your heart for just one more.
- A Good Fight– There are hurting, helpless, hopeless, homeless and voiceless people. Find your courage, take up the gauntlet and stand up, pray up, pay up and speak up. Fight the good fight of faith.
- Love– Love one another with pure hearts, fervently. Above all, love the One who first loved us and gave the last full measure of devotion to prove that love. This is the banner we take into the world and by this will all men know we are His disciples indeed.
I pray that 2018 will be a fabulous year. But if it’s to be our final year, I pray it be our finest year.
God bless you and keep you,
Picture compliments of Pixabay, Creative Commons CC0